Showing item 0 of
from your search.
Natural Heritage Trust annual report 2006-07
- Download publication (PDF - 6.1MB)
- Download extracted text (TXT - 98KB)
- Author / Creator
- Australian Government Natural Resource Management Team
- Commonwealth of Australia 2006
- Usage Rights
- Creative Commons Attribution
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
- Full Abstract
- 2006-07 was the fifth year of the extension of the Natural Heritage Trust (the Trust). In 2006-07 the Trust delivered support in partnership with other levels of government, communities, resource managers and individuals to achieve its objectives in biodiversity conservation, sustainable use of natural resources and community capacity building and institutional change. This investment in natural resource management (NRM) occurred in three investment streams. The initial Trust funding was $1.25 billion over the five years from 1996-97 to 2000-01. Further allocations were made to the Trust through the Australian Government Budget: in 2001 $1.03 billion extended the Trust until 2005-06; in 2004 $300 million extended funding until 2007–08. During 2006-07, the Australian Government invested a total of $312.50 million through the Trust. This included $25.8 million in administration costs. Under the Trust’s Envirofund, $20.02 million was provided to individuals and community groups in 2006-07 to undertake community environmental projects which enhanced and protected biodiversity and promoted sustainable natural resource use. A total of 1100 projects were funded under the Trust’s Envirofund, In 2006-07, $150.45 million was invested through 676 projects in the Regional Component, Regional Competitive Component and the National State-wide component and focused on projects to support regional program delivery. $116.24 million was invested in national projects. These projects contributed to the outcomes of the National Component and the National Competitive Component. There were 131 projects funded under this component of the Trust. This report provides an overview of the three delivery streams (local, regional and national) with a break-down of expenditure and some case study examples of funded projects.
- Issued / Published
- Department of the Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts, Canberra, ACT
- Subject (AGROVOC)
- Natural heritage; Aquatic environment; Water quality; resource management; Natural resources; Biodiversity; trusts; expenditure; Northern Territory; investment
- Subject (GEMET)
- management of natural resources; salination; natural heritage; vegetation; vegetable; biodiversity; river; investment; resources management; management
- Subject (Author)
- Natural Heritage Trust; NHT; annual report; natural resource management; regional delivery; local delivery; national activities; program delivery
- Repository ID