Showing item 0 of
from your search.
Natural Heritage Trust annual report 2007-08
- Download publication (PDF - 5.5MB)
- Download extracted text (TXT - 94KB)
- Author / Creator
- Australian Government Natural Resource Management Team
- Commonwealth of Australia 2009
- Usage Rights
- Creative Commons Attribution
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.
- Full Abstract
- 2007-08 was the sixth and final year of the extension of the Natural Heritage Trust (the Trust). The Trust delivered support in partnership with other levels of government, communities, resource managers and individuals to achieve its objectives in biodiversity conservation, sustainable use of natural resources and community capacity building and institutional change. This investment in natural resource management occurred in three investment streams. A total of $26 million was provided through Envirofund to individuals and community groups in 2007-08 to undertake 1192 community environmental projects which enhanced and protected biodiversity and promoted sustainable natural resource use. The Envirofund program supported the broad spectrum of the Trust’s areas of activity. Envirofund projects approved in 2007-08 contributed to all of the ten Trust priority activities. In 2007-08 $140 million was invested through the Regional Component, Regional Competitive Component and the National State-wide component and focused on 867 projects to support regional program delivery. Trust investments through the regional investment stream were managed under bilateral agreements between the Australian Government and respective state and territory governments. These agreements identify regional natural resource management bodies that have the primary responsibility for project delivery against jointly accredited regional natural resource management strategies. The bilateral agreements recorded natural resource management reforms agreed at state and territory level consistent with Trust objectives. Under the agreements each state and territory matched the Australian Government’s investments on a cash or in-kind basis. $149 million was invested in 616 national projects during 2007-08. These projects contributed to the outcomes of the National Component and the National Competitive Component. National investments under the Trust covered a range of circumstances, including activities that: have a national or state focus; are best dealt with on a broader scale because they cross over state and/or regional boundaries; or address matters of federal jurisdiction, such as Commonwealth waters. The report includes examples of projects funded under each of the three funding streams and provides a break-down of funding provided during 2007-08.
- Issued / Published
- Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities, Canberra, ACT
- Subject (AGROVOC)
- Natural heritage; trusts; Sustainability; Land management; Water quality; Biodiversity; Natural resources; management; expenditure; Self management
- Subject (GEMET)
- management of natural resources; natural heritage; salination; vegetation; vegetable; investment; biodiversity; management; communications; soil
- Subject (Author)
- Natural Heritage Trust; NHT; annual report; natural resource management; regional delivery; local delivery; national activities; program delivery
- Repository ID